Leyparts Crown Wheel & Pinion
- Forgings are done to exacting specifications set by Ashok Leyland.
- Forged blanks are isothermally annealed at closely controlled temperatures to obtain uniform dimensions after heat treatment.
- Uniform case hardening is done at controlled atmospheric temperature and press quenched to avoid distortion.
- Selective case hardening is done to import maximum strength to the pinion to maximize wear resistance.
- After hardening, the crown wheel & pinions are tempered to closely controlled temperature to remove thermal stresses.
- The crown wheel and pinion are paired and checked for centralized tooth bearing and desired proximities.